Lava's mission is to give everyone a voice on the internet. We created these Guidelines to ensure that our community is inclusive, safe, and open-minded. These Guidelines apply to the content and creators on Lava, equally. Our team aims to foster a respectful community of creators, consumers, and partners.
TL;DR: In short, only post content that you've created or have permission to post on behalf of another creator, respect everyone on Lava, and don't break the law. Our team greatly values free speech, but that does not mean that all speech is accepted on our platform. Lava's speech guidelines are based on the First Amendment and its unprotected exceptions. Our team also values your privacy and will continue to evolve our privacy-focused features within our product. We reserve the right to decide, in our sole discretion, what content violates our rules and will not be permitted on the platform. At the end of the day, we just want everyone to be a civil human beings through kindness, respect, and fairness.
- Only share content that you’ve created or have the right to share. You own the content that you create on Lava. Content includes everything that is directly connected to a Voice on Lava such as audio, imagery, and text. Try to be authentic with your content and never post audio or photos that you've gathered from the internet that you don't have the right to republish. This rule protects everyone on Lava's platform, so you may not transcribe, record, or otherwise reproduce and/or share information obtained in Lava without prior permission.
- Foster meaningful and genuine interactions. You don't have to use your real name on Lava, but we ask that you provide accurate and up to date information in your settings and profile. Do not create fake accounts for the purpose of impersonating another person, spamming other users, or disobeying the rules set within these guidelines.
- Follow the law. We do not allow content that promotes acts punishable by law, including theft, assault, human exploitation, and other harmful behavior. Do not post content that promotes acts of physical harm or poses safety risks to others. You also cannot promote human or wildlife exploitation within your content. We do not allow content that offers the purchase, sale, or trade of unlawfully acquired goods. And content that provides instructions on how to conduct criminal activities is also not prohibited on Lava.
- Respect other members of the Lava community. Lava strives to support an inclusive community where people feel safe when sharing their ideas, conversations, and stories. Please do not post content that contains credible threats or hate speech, content that targets private individuals to degrade or shame them, personal information meant to blackmail or harass someone, and repeated unwanted messages. We do not allow content that verbally or physically threatens violence or depicts harm to an individual or a group based on any of the following protected attributes: race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, caste, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, disabilities or diseases, and immigration status.
- Be thoughtful when sharing information on Lava. Falsified information is never good to promote outside of the realm of fictional storytelling. Lies, fake news, and non-legitimatized data can be harmful to others in unsuspecting ways. Therefore, we do prohibit the spread of false information or news on Lava's platform. This also includes attempts to remove another user from Lava by reporting them for an act that they did not commit.
Please remember that you can always file a report with our team using our in-app Report feature or by contacting us directly. We regularly review these reports to determine whether there is a violation of our Guidelines and if there is any action that needs to be taken.
If you violate these Community Guidelines, we may remove the offending content, terminate or limit the visibility of your account, and/or notify law enforcement. If your account is terminated for violating our Terms of Service or these Guidelines, you will not be able to use Lava until further notice. Please take these Guidelines seriously and honor them in the spirit in which they are intended, which is to foster a respectful community of creators, consumers, and partners.
We're happy that you're apart of our vibrant and growing community!
From the Lava Team ❤️